Saturday 04 December 2010
Glistening blood-red, the little cranberries in this sauce pop just very slightly in your mouth. It goes perfectly with hot, succulent turkey but also with the baked ham. It must, however, be not too sweet, for then it is cloying – a very slight tartness is nice.
The grated zest and juice of one orange
5 whole cloves
A small slice of ginger
80ml/3fl oz port
170g/6oz caster sugar
Place the orange juice, zest, cloves, ginger, port and sugar into a pan and place over a low heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar and, once dissolved, add the cranberries. Bring the heat up to a simmer and cook, stirring from time to time for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; the cranberries should have just popped and the sauce thickened. Allow to cool to room temperature. Place in the fridge until ready to use. It can be made up to two days in advance. '
Life & Style blogs
Reader dilemma: 'Our son is 34 with an IQ of 85, and spends all his time in his room. What will happen to him when we're no longer here?'
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
YouTube star Loey Lane hits back at hateful comments about ‘fat girls in bikinis’ and how plus-size women promote obesity
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Russian officials ban yoga because it's too much like a religious cult
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Ginger Pride festival to take place next summer, organisers say 'time of bullying gingers is over'
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...