Creamed oyster mushrooms on toast
I've used oyster mushrooms for this recipe as they are so readily available, but if you can get your hands on any other wild mushrooms then feel free to use them on their own, or mixed in with the oyster mushrooms.
250g oyster mushrooms, halved if large
2 large shallots, peeled, halved and finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2tbsp chopped parsley
150-200ml double cream
4 slices of sourdough or bloomer-type bread
Heat the butter in a large frying pan, add the shallots and mushrooms, season and cook them on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes f until they soften; then add the parsley and cream and simmer until the cream reduces and just coats the mushrooms.
Meanwhile, toast the bread, place on serving plates and spoon the mushrooms on top.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced Hotel Receptionists...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Qualified Lifeguards are required to join a fa...