Creamed oyster mushrooms on toast
I've used oyster mushrooms for this recipe as they are so readily available, but if you can get your hands on any other wild mushrooms then feel free to use them on their own, or mixed in with the oyster mushrooms.
250g oyster mushrooms, halved if large
2 large shallots, peeled, halved and finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2tbsp chopped parsley
150-200ml double cream
4 slices of sourdough or bloomer-type bread
Heat the butter in a large frying pan, add the shallots and mushrooms, season and cook them on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes f until they soften; then add the parsley and cream and simmer until the cream reduces and just coats the mushrooms.
Meanwhile, toast the bread, place on serving plates and spoon the mushrooms on top.
Life & Style blogs
Office plants computer chips under workers’ skin instead of ID cards
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cancer treatment to her scientist father over the dinner table
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...