Creamed oyster mushrooms on toast
I've used oyster mushrooms for this recipe as they are so readily available, but if you can get your hands on any other wild mushrooms then feel free to use them on their own, or mixed in with the oyster mushrooms.
250g oyster mushrooms, halved if large
2 large shallots, peeled, halved and finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2tbsp chopped parsley
150-200ml double cream
4 slices of sourdough or bloomer-type bread
Heat the butter in a large frying pan, add the shallots and mushrooms, season and cook them on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes f until they soften; then add the parsley and cream and simmer until the cream reduces and just coats the mushrooms.
Meanwhile, toast the bread, place on serving plates and spoon the mushrooms on top.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in Camden
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
- 4 Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iJobs Food & Drink
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...