Creamed oyster mushrooms on toast
I've used oyster mushrooms for this recipe as they are so readily available, but if you can get your hands on any other wild mushrooms then feel free to use them on their own, or mixed in with the oyster mushrooms.
250g oyster mushrooms, halved if large
2 large shallots, peeled, halved and finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2tbsp chopped parsley
150-200ml double cream
4 slices of sourdough or bloomer-type bread
Heat the butter in a large frying pan, add the shallots and mushrooms, season and cook them on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes f until they soften; then add the parsley and cream and simmer until the cream reduces and just coats the mushrooms.
Meanwhile, toast the bread, place on serving plates and spoon the mushrooms on top.
Life & Style blogs
Surgeon backs 'good death' plans - and reveals his own
NHS hit by stealth cuts of £2bn as tariffs received for medical procedures are reduced
How to survive a social-media mauling, by the tough women of Twitter
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 3 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 4 The most powerful passports in the world
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years
iJobs Food & Drink
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...