Crumpets with fried duck egg and asparagus
Saturday 01 May 2010
I do love crumpets and always keep a few packs in the freezer. They are so versatile and you can top them with just about anything, although my favourite is definitely butter and Marmite at breakfast.
250g sprue or thin asparagus, with the woody ends removed
4 duck eggs
Olive oil for frying
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water for a few minutes until tender, then drain. Cut them in half and put to one side.
Meanwhile, toast the crumpets on both sides and gently fry the duck eggs in the olive oil, seasoning them lightly as they are cooking.
To serve, melt the butter in a pan and toss in the asparagus; season. Place the duck eggs on the crumpets and scatter the buttered asparagus over.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...