Crumpets with fried duck egg and asparagus
Saturday 01 May 2010
I do love crumpets and always keep a few packs in the freezer. They are so versatile and you can top them with just about anything, although my favourite is definitely butter and Marmite at breakfast.
250g sprue or thin asparagus, with the woody ends removed
4 duck eggs
Olive oil for frying
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water for a few minutes until tender, then drain. Cut them in half and put to one side.
Meanwhile, toast the crumpets on both sides and gently fry the duck eggs in the olive oil, seasoning them lightly as they are cooking.
To serve, melt the butter in a pan and toss in the asparagus; season. Place the duck eggs on the crumpets and scatter the buttered asparagus over.
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Students heading off to 'charity challenge' grounded at Gatwick after travel firm goes bust
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Like Jennifer Aniston, I am no less of a woman because I am childless
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...