Cucumber and prawn salad
This is a lovely, fresh and simple dish that you could serve as a starter or as part of a buffet. Those small ridge or baby cucumbers are perfect for this as you can just slice them all the way through without trimming them.
1 large cucumber or 4-6 small ones
150-200g peeled weight of good-quality prawns
For the dressing
1tbsp chardonnay vinegar or good wine vinegar
2tbsp olive oil
2tbsp vegetable or corn oil
The juice of 1 lemon
2tbsp chopped dill
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
If you are using small cucumbers then make sure you slice them as thinly as possible lengthways on a mandolin or alternatively with a very sharp knife. If you are using large cucumbers then cut them in half and then again in half lengthways. Scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon and slice the flesh.
Mix all of the ingredients together for the dressing and season. Mix the dressing with the cucumbers and leave to stand for 10 minutes, then toss the prawns in and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...