Cured pork cheek on toasted sourdough
Saturday 07 November 2009
One of the best discoveries this year, Trealy Farm cured meats, based in Monmouthshire (trealyfarm.com), are producing top-notch cured meats of the finest quality. They are certainly the best I have come across and we have been serving a selection on a meat board in the restaurants and have had great feedback. One of my favourite cuts is the cured cheek – almost like a dry-cured Bath chap – and it is delicious just served on its own or on hot, lightly buttered toast like this.
6-8 slices of sourdough
A little softened butter for spreading
Enough thinly sliced Trealy Farm pork cheek to lay on the toast
Freshly ground black pepper to serve
Toast or grill the sourdough on a ribbed grill or barbecue. Lightly spread with butter, then lay the cured pork cheek on and grind a little black pepper on top. Serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
Schematics from Israel's Iron Dome missile shield 'hacked' by Chinese, says report
Meow Chat: New messaging app combines Tinder and WhatsApp - but is it safe?
Ebola epidemic: Plagued by fear
Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
Topless sunbathing is no longer 'du jour' in France
- 1 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 4 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45 after suffering from cancer
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...