Cuttlefish and pumpkin soup
Cuttlefish ink is the obvious ingredient to darken up a spooky Halloween supper; you won't need the black lipstick after you've eaten this one.
1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
100ml white wine
1.2ltrs fish stock
250g cleaned cuttlefish, cut into 1cm chunks (tentacles as well)
700-800g yellow fleshed pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into rough 2cm chunks
5 (40g) sachets of cuttlefish or squid ink
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan and gently cook the onion for 2-3 minutes, without colouring, until soft.
Gradually stir or whisk in the white wine and fish stock to avoid lumps forming. Bring to the boil, season and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
Add the cuttlefish, pumpkin and squid ink and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Re-season if necessary and serve.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
Men who buy sex share 'key characteristics' with aggressive sex offenders, study claims
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
iJobs Food & Drink
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...