Cuttlefish and pumpkin soup
Cuttlefish ink is the obvious ingredient to darken up a spooky Halloween supper; you won't need the black lipstick after you've eaten this one.
1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
100ml white wine
1.2ltrs fish stock
250g cleaned cuttlefish, cut into 1cm chunks (tentacles as well)
700-800g yellow fleshed pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into rough 2cm chunks
5 (40g) sachets of cuttlefish or squid ink
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan and gently cook the onion for 2-3 minutes, without colouring, until soft.
Gradually stir or whisk in the white wine and fish stock to avoid lumps forming. Bring to the boil, season and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
Add the cuttlefish, pumpkin and squid ink and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Re-season if necessary and serve.
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...