Sunday 04 October 2009
When making a fruit sorbet, it is important to retain as much of the fruit's authenticity as possible. They should always be strong, punchy and assertive in taste.
1 kg/2lb damsons
450g/141/2oz caster sugar
Small pinch of salt
Put the ingredients in a medium-sized pan over a low heat. Stir until the damsons begin to burst and ooze their juice. Remove from the heat and pass through a sieve, pushing with a wooden spoon or ladle. Pour the syrup into an ice-cream maker and churn until frozen. Remove and seal in a small container in the freezer until ready to use.
Life & Style blogs
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A nap a day could save your life
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
The antidote to Tinder? Majority of dating app users want relationship, rather than hook-ups, study finds
The truth behind who really buys sex dolls, from the man who makes the most realistic ones you can buy
- 1 Barbarians vs Samoa interrupted by sprinklers as fans criticise lack of Wi-Fi and poor seating at West Ham's Olympic Stadium
- 2 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...