Sunday 04 October 2009
When making a fruit sorbet, it is important to retain as much of the fruit's authenticity as possible. They should always be strong, punchy and assertive in taste.
1 kg/2lb damsons
450g/141/2oz caster sugar
Small pinch of salt
Put the ingredients in a medium-sized pan over a low heat. Stir until the damsons begin to burst and ooze their juice. Remove from the heat and pass through a sieve, pushing with a wooden spoon or ladle. Pour the syrup into an ice-cream maker and churn until frozen. Remove and seal in a small container in the freezer until ready to use.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Geeks who rocked the world: Documentary looks back at origins of the computer-games industry
Ukip's official health spokesperson: 'Honestly, I have no experience in health whatsoever'
Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
Doctors to trial 29-point checklist for elderly patients facing 'unavoidable' death
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Technician - Y...