Dark chocolate cake
Sunday 02 March 2008
This cake is probably the easiest dessert in the world to make; it simply requires good-quality chocolate. It is exceptionally dark and rich – with no added sugar. The smallest slice is all you need.
225g/71/2oz dark chocolate
250ml/8fl oz double cream
2tbsp cocoa powder
Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a bain-marie (it is important that the base of the bowl should not touch the water, as the chocolate should steam-melt, rather than cook). Do not stir, just let the chocolate melt gently on its own. In a separate pan heat the cream, then stir into the melted chocolate.
Line a 15cm cake tin with parchment paper and pour in the chocolate and cream mixture. Allow to cool to room temperature, then place in the fridge for about an hour.
To serve, remove from the cake tin and slice with a sharp knife that has been dipped in hot water.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...