Dense beetroot and chocolate cake
Makes one medium-sized cake
Saturday 13 December 2008
This is a great way to introduce beetroot to children without them knowing – it's worked on mine!
125g/4oz caster sugar
2 medium free-range eggs
100g Greek yoghurt
35g/11/2oz cocoa powder
75g/3oz soft unsalted butter
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
100ml/31/2fl oz strong, black coffee (hot)
150g/5oz grated raw beetroot
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Place all of the ingredients in the food processor in the order above and whizz until smooth. Place in a greased 20cm cake tin and bake for 45-50 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, then sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with crème fraîche. '
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...