Dense beetroot and chocolate cake
Makes one medium-sized cake
Saturday 13 December 2008
This is a great way to introduce beetroot to children without them knowing – it's worked on mine!
125g/4oz caster sugar
2 medium free-range eggs
100g Greek yoghurt
35g/11/2oz cocoa powder
75g/3oz soft unsalted butter
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
100ml/31/2fl oz strong, black coffee (hot)
150g/5oz grated raw beetroot
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Place all of the ingredients in the food processor in the order above and whizz until smooth. Place in a greased 20cm cake tin and bake for 45-50 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, then sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with crème fraîche. '
Life & Style blogs
Replica cars: The 'new classics' roaring back into the lead
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: which is the best?
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 1 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 4 Tyler, The Creator says having new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
- 5 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
iJobs Food & Drink
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...