Dense beetroot and chocolate cake
Makes one medium-sized cake
Saturday 13 December 2008
This is a great way to introduce beetroot to children without them knowing – it's worked on mine!
125g/4oz caster sugar
2 medium free-range eggs
100g Greek yoghurt
35g/11/2oz cocoa powder
75g/3oz soft unsalted butter
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
100ml/31/2fl oz strong, black coffee (hot)
150g/5oz grated raw beetroot
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Place all of the ingredients in the food processor in the order above and whizz until smooth. Place in a greased 20cm cake tin and bake for 45-50 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, then sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with crème fraîche. '
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassing leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...