Dense beetroot and chocolate cake
Makes one medium-sized cake
Saturday 13 December 2008
This is a great way to introduce beetroot to children without them knowing – it's worked on mine!
125g/4oz caster sugar
2 medium free-range eggs
100g Greek yoghurt
35g/11/2oz cocoa powder
75g/3oz soft unsalted butter
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
100ml/31/2fl oz strong, black coffee (hot)
150g/5oz grated raw beetroot
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Place all of the ingredients in the food processor in the order above and whizz until smooth. Place in a greased 20cm cake tin and bake for 45-50 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, then sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with crème fraîche. '
Life & Style blogs
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...