Dense beetroot and chocolate cake
Makes one medium-sized cake
Saturday 13 December 2008
This is a great way to introduce beetroot to children without them knowing – it's worked on mine!
125g/4oz caster sugar
2 medium free-range eggs
100g Greek yoghurt
35g/11/2oz cocoa powder
75g/3oz soft unsalted butter
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
100ml/31/2fl oz strong, black coffee (hot)
150g/5oz grated raw beetroot
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Place all of the ingredients in the food processor in the order above and whizz until smooth. Place in a greased 20cm cake tin and bake for 45-50 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, then sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with crème fraîche. '
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Star Wars BB-8 droid toy is real, should be impossible
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
iJobs Food & Drink
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...