Duck fillet and blood orange salad
These are often sold as mini-fillets and can be real bargains. What's more, they are completely fat-free.
8 or 12 duck mini-fillets
A little vegetable or corn oil for frying
A couple of good handfuls of salad leaves and herbs like rocket, land cress, watercress, flat parsley, washed and dried
2 blood oranges, peeled and segmented (reserve the juice)
For the dressing
The juice from the blood orange
4tbsp rapeseed oil
1tbsp cider vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
First make the dressing: put the blood orange juice in a small saucepan and simmer until you have about half a tablespoon or so. Transfer to a bowl and whisk in the cider vinegar and rapeseed oil and season to taste.
Put the duck fillets between a couple of sheets of clingfilm or a cut freezer bag and bash them into thin escalopes.
Heat a lightly oiled, heavy frying pan or ribbed griddle.
Season the duck fillets and cook them for only about 20 seconds on each side, then remove from the heat and cut them in half.
To serve, mix the duck, orange segments and leaves with the dressing, season to taste and arrange on serving plates.
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...