Duck liver and wild mushroom crumpets
You can use duck or chicken livers for this dish, but do try to make sure they are fresh and not frozen, as the frozen ones can turn out a little on the mushy side. You can use whatever wild mushrooms you can get your hands on, either a single mushroom or a mixture.
120-150g fresh duck or chicken livers, trimmed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
120g wild mushrooms, cleaned
1tbsp chopped parsley
Toast the crumpets on both sides; meanwhile, heat two frying pans and divide the butter between the two.
Season and fry the livers in one on a fairly high heat for 3-4 minutes, turning them as they are cooking and keeping them pink.
Cook the mushrooms in the other frying pan on a medium heat, seasoning and turning as they are cooking for 3-4 minutes; then mix the mushrooms, liver and parsley together.
To serve, place the crumpets on warmed serving plates and spoon the livers, mushrooms and butter over.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...