Duck liver and wild mushroom crumpets
You can use duck or chicken livers for this dish, but do try to make sure they are fresh and not frozen, as the frozen ones can turn out a little on the mushy side. You can use whatever wild mushrooms you can get your hands on, either a single mushroom or a mixture.
120-150g fresh duck or chicken livers, trimmed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
120g wild mushrooms, cleaned
1tbsp chopped parsley
Toast the crumpets on both sides; meanwhile, heat two frying pans and divide the butter between the two.
Season and fry the livers in one on a fairly high heat for 3-4 minutes, turning them as they are cooking and keeping them pink.
Cook the mushrooms in the other frying pan on a medium heat, seasoning and turning as they are cooking for 3-4 minutes; then mix the mushrooms, liver and parsley together.
To serve, place the crumpets on warmed serving plates and spoon the livers, mushrooms and butter over.
Life & Style blogs
Astrological signs are almost all wrong, as movement of moon and sun throws out zodiac
Inside A&E: The highs, the lows, and the grief is something that echoes across all hospitals around the world
Rita Ora reveals all – from her 24 tattoos to what she likes to wear when no-one's looking
American Apparel’s model agency leaked casting call saying it wants ‘real models’ not ‘Instagram hoes’
Masterpieces of Fashion Photography exhibition showcases previously unreleased images by legendary photographers like Horst
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...