Saturday 23 October 2010
Last year I cooked some wild ducks for a dinner and made the carcasses into a simple clear broth, using chicken stock and herbs, and put it in the freezer. This year I fished it out and made it into a gamey version of a bullshot for one of my fishing trips, which went down very well – especially when made with Sipsmith, the Hammersmith distilled vodka.
4 shots of vodka, or more if you wish
400-500ml clear stock (see related links)
4-5 drops of Tabasco sauce to taste
2tbsp Worcestershire sauce
The juice of 1 lime
1tsp celery salt
A few turns of black pepper
If you want to drink this cold as a cocktail, then mix the ingredients and pour them into ice-filled glasses with perhaps a bit more vodka.
For a warming drink on a hunting trip, just warm the stock up and stir in the rest of the ingredients, pour into a vacuum flask and off you go.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Ed Miliband less influential than One Direction's Louis Tomlinson by official Doncaster power list
- 3 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced Hotel Receptionists...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Qualified Lifeguards are required to join a fa...