Saturday 23 October 2010
Last year I cooked some wild ducks for a dinner and made the carcasses into a simple clear broth, using chicken stock and herbs, and put it in the freezer. This year I fished it out and made it into a gamey version of a bullshot for one of my fishing trips, which went down very well – especially when made with Sipsmith, the Hammersmith distilled vodka.
4 shots of vodka, or more if you wish
400-500ml clear stock (see related links)
4-5 drops of Tabasco sauce to taste
2tbsp Worcestershire sauce
The juice of 1 lime
1tsp celery salt
A few turns of black pepper
If you want to drink this cold as a cocktail, then mix the ingredients and pour them into ice-filled glasses with perhaps a bit more vodka.
For a warming drink on a hunting trip, just warm the stock up and stir in the rest of the ingredients, pour into a vacuum flask and off you go.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...