Fish House burger
We serve this at the Oyster & Fish House in Lyme Regis. It’s great snacking material while sitting out on our terrace with an IPA.
300g firm white fish, like monkfish, boned and skinned
300g shelled weight of raw sea water prawns, de-veined
A good pinch of cayenne pepper and salt
1 bunch of spring onions, cleaned and finely chopped
Fresh white breadcrumbs to coat
4 soft burger buns
6tbsp tartare sauce, spiced up with chilli sauce or Tabasco
Coarsely blend half of the white fish and half of the prawns in a food processor, season with the cayenne pepper and salt, then transfer to a bowl. Roughly chop the rest of the prawns and stir in with the fish mixture and spring onions. To test the mix for seasoning and consistency, make a little flat pattie, dredge with breadcrumbs and pan fry; re-season if necessary. Mould the remainder of the mix into 4 patties slightly larger than the buns and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
Heat a frying pan with a tablespoon of oil and cook the burgers on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes on both sides. Serve in a lightly toasted bun with spiced tartare sauce along with coleslaw or a herb salad and a lemon wedge on the side.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
Why do we have eyebrows? The social significance of our silent communicators
WhatsApp: How to discover who your best friends are - using a hidden tool within the application
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 4 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 5 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...