Makes 15-20 slices
Sunday 20 February 2011
75g/3oz soft brown sugar
75g/3oz unsalted butter
A pinch of salt
1 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
100g/3 oz raisins, roughly chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4.
Put the sugar, butter, salt and golden syrup into a saucepan large enough to comfortably hold all the ingredients. Place over a gentle heat and cook just until the sugar has dissolved.
Add the walnuts and raisins. Stir in the oats, and pour into a 20cm baking tray. Press down firmly with your hand, and place on the middle shelf of the oven.
Bake for 20 minutes then remove and cool on a wire rack. Once at room temperature, slice into small squares and serve.
Life & Style blogs
China accused of launching four-day cyber attack on US coding website GitHub
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Robert Parker interview: The world's top wine critic on tasting 10,000 bottles a year, absurd drinking notes and New World wannabes
The ‘anti-ball crushing’ trousers are so popular they've sold out online
American Apparel gets another ad banned by advertising watchdog for sexualising children
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...