Makes 15-20 slices
Sunday 20 February 2011
75g/3oz soft brown sugar
75g/3oz unsalted butter
A pinch of salt
1 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
100g/3 oz raisins, roughly chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4.
Put the sugar, butter, salt and golden syrup into a saucepan large enough to comfortably hold all the ingredients. Place over a gentle heat and cook just until the sugar has dissolved.
Add the walnuts and raisins. Stir in the oats, and pour into a 20cm baking tray. Press down firmly with your hand, and place on the middle shelf of the oven.
Bake for 20 minutes then remove and cool on a wire rack. Once at room temperature, slice into small squares and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Engineer pictured fixing plane's engine with 'duct tape' by concerned EasyJet passenger
- 2 Two-year-old says goodbye to bin man best friend
- 3 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...