Makes 15-20 slices
Sunday 20 February 2011
75g/3oz soft brown sugar
75g/3oz unsalted butter
A pinch of salt
1 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
100g/3 oz raisins, roughly chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4.
Put the sugar, butter, salt and golden syrup into a saucepan large enough to comfortably hold all the ingredients. Place over a gentle heat and cook just until the sugar has dissolved.
Add the walnuts and raisins. Stir in the oats, and pour into a 20cm baking tray. Press down firmly with your hand, and place on the middle shelf of the oven.
Bake for 20 minutes then remove and cool on a wire rack. Once at room temperature, slice into small squares and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...