Fragola grape sorbet
Sunday 26 October 2008
250g/8oz caster sugar
600ml/1 pint water
2kg fragola grapes
150ml/5fl oz double cream
100ml/31/2fl oz sherry
Put the sugar and water into a saucepan over a low heat. When the sugar has fully dissolved, bring to the boil, lower the heat slightly and simmer for five minutes.
Throw the grapes into a food processor and whizz thoroughly, then push through a sieve to remove the pulp.
Put the strained juice back into the mixer, adding the sugar syrup, a little at a time, then the double cream and the sherry.
Pour the mixture into an ice-cream maker and churn until thickened (20 minutes).
Alternatively, put into a freezer-proof container and freeze, removing every 20 minutes to stir. Either serve immediately or store in the freezer.
Life & Style blogs
Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
Is Apple's iCloud safe after leak of Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities' nude photos?
Reader dilemma: My wife only wants to have sex when she's drunk
Three quarters of the Ikea catalogue is CGI
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
iJobs Food & Drink
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...