Fragola grape sorbet
Sunday 26 October 2008
250g/8oz caster sugar
600ml/1 pint water
2kg fragola grapes
150ml/5fl oz double cream
100ml/31/2fl oz sherry
Put the sugar and water into a saucepan over a low heat. When the sugar has fully dissolved, bring to the boil, lower the heat slightly and simmer for five minutes.
Throw the grapes into a food processor and whizz thoroughly, then push through a sieve to remove the pulp.
Put the strained juice back into the mixer, adding the sugar syrup, a little at a time, then the double cream and the sherry.
Pour the mixture into an ice-cream maker and churn until thickened (20 minutes).
Alternatively, put into a freezer-proof container and freeze, removing every 20 minutes to stir. Either serve immediately or store in the freezer.
Life & Style blogs
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Zero divided by zero: Ask Siri a simple question, have your social life mocked
iPhone 7: Force Touch phones are being prepared for launch, say reports
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 3 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 4 Greece crisis: Crowdfunding campaign crashes Indiegogo, raises half a million in just three days
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...