Fragola grape sorbet
Sunday 26 October 2008
250g/8oz caster sugar
600ml/1 pint water
2kg fragola grapes
150ml/5fl oz double cream
100ml/31/2fl oz sherry
Put the sugar and water into a saucepan over a low heat. When the sugar has fully dissolved, bring to the boil, lower the heat slightly and simmer for five minutes.
Throw the grapes into a food processor and whizz thoroughly, then push through a sieve to remove the pulp.
Put the strained juice back into the mixer, adding the sugar syrup, a little at a time, then the double cream and the sherry.
Pour the mixture into an ice-cream maker and churn until thickened (20 minutes).
Alternatively, put into a freezer-proof container and freeze, removing every 20 minutes to stir. Either serve immediately or store in the freezer.
Life & Style blogs
Miley Cyrus' VMA outfits spark copying controversy
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 President Obama comments on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...