Fragola grape sorbet
Sunday 26 October 2008
250g/8oz caster sugar
600ml/1 pint water
2kg fragola grapes
150ml/5fl oz double cream
100ml/31/2fl oz sherry
Put the sugar and water into a saucepan over a low heat. When the sugar has fully dissolved, bring to the boil, lower the heat slightly and simmer for five minutes.
Throw the grapes into a food processor and whizz thoroughly, then push through a sieve to remove the pulp.
Put the strained juice back into the mixer, adding the sugar syrup, a little at a time, then the double cream and the sherry.
Pour the mixture into an ice-cream maker and churn until thickened (20 minutes).
Alternatively, put into a freezer-proof container and freeze, removing every 20 minutes to stir. Either serve immediately or store in the freezer.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Boxing Day sales: The best fashion deals
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
Christmas 2014: Jesus was not born in a stable, says theologian
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
- 5 Man hospitalised with pneumonia after downing eggnog at office Christmas party
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...