Fregola with peas, broad beans and herbs
Fregola is a versatile Sardinian pasta similar to couscous. It can be used in hot dishes in the same way as pasta, or in a tabbouleh-type of dish like this as a starter, accompaniment or part of a buffet.
A handful of chopped parsley
A handful of chopped mint
4-5 spring onions, finely sliced
80g podded weight of peas, cooked
80g podded weight of broad beans, cooked
The juice of approximately two lemons to taste
100ml olive oil
Cook the fregola in simmering, lightly salted water for 10-12 minutes, then drain. Mix with all of the other ingredients and add enough lemon juice to taste, then season.
Life & Style blogs
Wii U to beat Xbox One and PS4 at Christmas says Play.com,
Britain's poor 'will die before they retire' if pension reforms aren't matched by health improvements
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Ron Wayne: The Apple founder who missed out on a fortune
eBay XBox One scam: Dad pays £450 for a picture of the console
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...