Fregola with peas, broad beans and herbs
Fregola is a versatile Sardinian pasta similar to couscous. It can be used in hot dishes in the same way as pasta, or in a tabbouleh-type of dish like this as a starter, accompaniment or part of a buffet.
A handful of chopped parsley
A handful of chopped mint
4-5 spring onions, finely sliced
80g podded weight of peas, cooked
80g podded weight of broad beans, cooked
The juice of approximately two lemons to taste
100ml olive oil
Cook the fregola in simmering, lightly salted water for 10-12 minutes, then drain. Mix with all of the other ingredients and add enough lemon juice to taste, then season.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...