Fregola with peas, broad beans and herbs
Fregola is a versatile Sardinian pasta similar to couscous. It can be used in hot dishes in the same way as pasta, or in a tabbouleh-type of dish like this as a starter, accompaniment or part of a buffet.
A handful of chopped parsley
A handful of chopped mint
4-5 spring onions, finely sliced
80g podded weight of peas, cooked
80g podded weight of broad beans, cooked
The juice of approximately two lemons to taste
100ml olive oil
Cook the fregola in simmering, lightly salted water for 10-12 minutes, then drain. Mix with all of the other ingredients and add enough lemon juice to taste, then season.
Life & Style blogs
Revolutionary genetic drug trial will herald 'new era' in the fight against cancer
Peak District National Park celebrates 63rd birthday (and its stunning views) with a Google Doodle
Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
Kim Jong-un's haircut: The Independent heads to Ealing to try out the dictator's do
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for sale...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 Andre Johnson: Wu-Tang Clan-discovered rapper severed his penis and jumped from LA building
- 5 Mrs Doubtfire 2: Robin Williams set to star in sequel to 1993 comedy
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...