French toast with blackberries and crème fraîche
Saturday 19 September 2009
Making French toast is so easy, yet we don't often make the effort to do it for a quick, tasty breakfast or brunch. You can either top it with sweet or savoury ingredients, from various fruits to mushrooms and bacon. You can also make this classic snack with brioche bread, white bread or even a light fruit bread; it all depends on what topping you feel like using.
4 slices of brioche (or bread)
2 medium eggs, beaten
2tbsp caster sugar
A few drops of vanilla essence
4tbsp crème fraîche
Whisk the eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla together, lay the brioche on a deep tray and pour the egg mixture over and leave for 20 minutes. Heat the butter in a preferably non-stick frying pan until foaming, carefully remove the brioche from the tin with a fish slice and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until golden. To serve, transfer on to serving plates, spoon the crème fraîche on top and scatter the blackberries over.
Life & Style blogs
Versace haute couture review: Beautiful evening dresses are some of the loveliest Donatella has ever created
What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Minecraft: Story Mode trailer revealed with cast of stars
The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...