French toast with blackberries and crème fraîche
Saturday 19 September 2009
Making French toast is so easy, yet we don't often make the effort to do it for a quick, tasty breakfast or brunch. You can either top it with sweet or savoury ingredients, from various fruits to mushrooms and bacon. You can also make this classic snack with brioche bread, white bread or even a light fruit bread; it all depends on what topping you feel like using.
4 slices of brioche (or bread)
2 medium eggs, beaten
2tbsp caster sugar
A few drops of vanilla essence
4tbsp crème fraîche
Whisk the eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla together, lay the brioche on a deep tray and pour the egg mixture over and leave for 20 minutes. Heat the butter in a preferably non-stick frying pan until foaming, carefully remove the brioche from the tin with a fish slice and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until golden. To serve, transfer on to serving plates, spoon the crème fraîche on top and scatter the blackberries over.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Engineer pictured fixing plane's engine with 'duct tape' by concerned EasyJet passenger
- 2 Two-year-old says goodbye to bin man best friend
- 3 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...