Fresh walnuts with goat's cheese, comb honey and sweet rye-bread crisps
Saturday 13 December 2008
This is almost like a cheese plate and you can do it with any cheese – even blue. It is one of those lovely, unusual combinations you sometimes come across by accident that make you go "wow".
1tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 loaf rye bread, sliced thinly
1tsp caster or granulated sugar
8 fresh walnuts, cracked
8 wedges goat's cheese (20g/3/4oz each)
80g/3oz comb honey
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and whisk over the heat until it turns a light golden colour. Brush the slices of rye bread with the butter then sprinkle with the sugar. Bake on a baking tray until crispy (around 5-7 minutes). Remove and allow to cool.
Arrange all components on four plates and serve as a cheese course or starter.
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
Postpartum psychosis: How Jessica Pidsley was driven to the edge by the rare illness
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...