Fresh walnuts with goat's cheese, comb honey and sweet rye-bread crisps
Saturday 13 December 2008
This is almost like a cheese plate and you can do it with any cheese – even blue. It is one of those lovely, unusual combinations you sometimes come across by accident that make you go "wow".
1tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 loaf rye bread, sliced thinly
1tsp caster or granulated sugar
8 fresh walnuts, cracked
8 wedges goat's cheese (20g/3/4oz each)
80g/3oz comb honey
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and whisk over the heat until it turns a light golden colour. Brush the slices of rye bread with the butter then sprinkle with the sugar. Bake on a baking tray until crispy (around 5-7 minutes). Remove and allow to cool.
Arrange all components on four plates and serve as a cheese course or starter.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 2 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 3 What are your fingerprint words?
- 4 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
- 5 Pink Floyd new album: Band unveil cover art for first record in 20 years
iJobs Food & Drink
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...