Fried duck egg with sprouting broccoli and capers
Saturday 10 October 2009
A simple dish such as this can be served as a colourful and fun brunch dish, snack or starter. I often serve sprue asparagus like this, as you can use the yolk of the egg rather like a sauce and the sharpness of the capers cuts the fattiness of the yolk.
200g or so of tender sprouting broccoli, trimmed of any woody stems
4 duck eggs
2tbsp capers, rinsed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the sprouting broccoli in boiling, salted water for 4-5 minutes or until tender, then drain in a colander (if the stalks are thick just split the stems with a knife prior to cooking).
Cut the broccoli into smallish pieces and keep warm.
Fry the eggs gently in half of the butter, seasoning the white as they are cooking, then transfer on to warmed plates. Melt the rest of the butter in a pan, add the broccoli and capers and season. Spoon the broccoli, capers and butter around the eggs and serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...