Fried egg with leeks and prawns
This is a great dish to serve for a celebratory breakfast or brunch – or you could also present it as a simple and delicious dinner-party starter. You can use ducks' or hens' eggs for this, or even a double egg as a light main dish.
12 or so young or baby leeks, trimmed
4 ducks' or hens' eggs
1tbsp olive oil
120-150g prawns, cooked and peeled
1tbsp chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the leeks in boiling salted water for a few minutes until tender, and then drain them in a colander. Once cool enough to handle, cut them in half or into three if they are long.
Fry the eggs in the olive oil and season the whites while they are cooking. Slide them out on to warmed serving plates.
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a pan and toss in the prawns, leeks and parsley until they are hot. Season and spoon around the egg white.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: L...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + (£16K Base + Uncapped Commission): Flight Centre L...
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...