Fried egg with leeks and prawns
This is a great dish to serve for a celebratory breakfast or brunch – or you could also present it as a simple and delicious dinner-party starter. You can use ducks' or hens' eggs for this, or even a double egg as a light main dish.
12 or so young or baby leeks, trimmed
4 ducks' or hens' eggs
1tbsp olive oil
120-150g prawns, cooked and peeled
1tbsp chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the leeks in boiling salted water for a few minutes until tender, and then drain them in a colander. Once cool enough to handle, cut them in half or into three if they are long.
Fry the eggs in the olive oil and season the whites while they are cooking. Slide them out on to warmed serving plates.
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a pan and toss in the prawns, leeks and parsley until they are hot. Season and spoon around the egg white.
Life & Style blogs
World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Kristen Stewart opens star-studded Chanel show with Julianne Moore, Rita Ora and Lily Collins on the runway
You can now get verified on Tinder
- 1 Man who was struck and killed by lightning in Brecon Beacons 'was carrying a selfie stick'
- 2 Lisa Randolph-Gant: Queen Elsa cake maker says she will carry on baking and will not let people 'break her spirit'
- 3 Tube strike: This pedestrian-friendly map tells you the time it takes to walk between stations
- 4 Pamplona Running of the Bulls 2015: Three men gored and 10 hospitalised on first day of festival
- 5 Sarah Jessica Parker explains why she is not a feminist: 'It's not just about women now'
iJobs Food & Drink
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: To work within the Visitor Experience Departm...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...