Makes 12 scones
Sunday 17 May 2009
45g/2oz lightly salted butter
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 whole egg
250g/8oz self-raising flour
A pinch of salt
120ml/4 fl oz milk
175g/6oz mixed dried fruit – raisins, sultanas and finely chopped dates
Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, add the egg and beat until well-incorporated.
Lightly fold in the flour and salt with the milk and combine until just mixed.
Now stir in the fruit, making sure that it is evenly distributed.
Heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas6. On a floured surface, roll out the scone mixture until it is one inch in depth.
Using a small biscuit cutter, cut the dough to form 12 scones.
Space the scones well apart on a baking tray and place in the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
The base should be hollow-sounding when tapped. Cool slightly on a wire rack before eating.
Life & Style blogs
Penis size study: what's 'normal' anyway?
Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Penis size: is there a correlation with sexual satisfaction? A scientific look
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
- 1 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Adam Levine's biggest fan had a panic attack upon meeting him, so the singer laid down on the floor to get a photo with him
- 5 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
iJobs Food & Drink
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ou...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...