Goat's curd, toasted almonds and acacia honey
Sunday 01 May 2011
This is a simple dish with which to finish a meal. Really fresh young goat's cheese works really beautifully with a light honey that is not too overpowering – acacia works beautifully.
This is not really a recipe at all – the quantities are not really important, but rather the combination. It is best served on individual plates so that it retains some sort of neatness. It is important to roast the nuts lightly, as it tickles out their flavour. Buy nuts only in small amounts, as they tend to oxidise quickly.
A handful of almonds
4 generous tbsp goat's curd
4 tsp acacia honey
A small pinch of salt
Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Place the almonds on a baking tray and roast for 3-4 minutes or until just very lightly brown. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
Arrange the almonds, goat's curd and honey on individual plates and finish with a pinch of salt. Serve with a fine crisp bread such as pane carasau.
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...