Monday 30 June 2008
50ml Finlandia Grapefruit or regular vodka (optional)
10ml honey syrup
6 mint leaves
Juice all three fruits with a citrus juicer and transfer the juice to a cocktail shaker. Add the vodka and honey syrup. To make this, mix three parts honey with one part cold water and stir. Place the mint leaves in the shaker, fill with ice and shake hard. Strain over crushed ice and garnish with an expressed mint sprig and pink grapefruit wedge. These flavours work brilliantly together and make a wonderful non-alcoholic cocktail (with the vodka omitted).
In the quest for 'toxin neutrality' we have endeavoured to maximise the health benefits of freshly juiced fruit, the antioxidants in mint and the lower GI of wildflower honey. People are often afraid of pomegranates, thinking them fiddly, but treat them as a citrus fruit and juice accordingly – it works really well.
Life & Style blogs
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...