Monday 30 June 2008
50ml Finlandia Grapefruit or regular vodka (optional)
10ml honey syrup
6 mint leaves
Juice all three fruits with a citrus juicer and transfer the juice to a cocktail shaker. Add the vodka and honey syrup. To make this, mix three parts honey with one part cold water and stir. Place the mint leaves in the shaker, fill with ice and shake hard. Strain over crushed ice and garnish with an expressed mint sprig and pink grapefruit wedge. These flavours work brilliantly together and make a wonderful non-alcoholic cocktail (with the vodka omitted).
In the quest for 'toxin neutrality' we have endeavoured to maximise the health benefits of freshly juiced fruit, the antioxidants in mint and the lower GI of wildflower honey. People are often afraid of pomegranates, thinking them fiddly, but treat them as a citrus fruit and juice accordingly – it works really well.
Life & Style blogs
‘I had to terminate my pregnancies because I was carrying girls’ - the story of a woman forced into gender-selective abortions
'Excluded' dads put the heat on Mumsnet with campaign for parental parity in bringing up baby
Bill Granger recipes: Our chef cooks some American diner classics
GIF inventor Steve Wilhite says it should be pronounced 'jif'
'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Exclusive: World’s most pristine waters are polluted by US Navy human waste
- 3 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Q&A by Simon Calder: How far could it have travelled? Who was responsible and what would their plans be? And how can a plane just vanish?
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Exc...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Opportunity for a B...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...