Monday 30 June 2008
50ml Finlandia Grapefruit or regular vodka (optional)
10ml honey syrup
6 mint leaves
Juice all three fruits with a citrus juicer and transfer the juice to a cocktail shaker. Add the vodka and honey syrup. To make this, mix three parts honey with one part cold water and stir. Place the mint leaves in the shaker, fill with ice and shake hard. Strain over crushed ice and garnish with an expressed mint sprig and pink grapefruit wedge. These flavours work brilliantly together and make a wonderful non-alcoholic cocktail (with the vodka omitted).
In the quest for 'toxin neutrality' we have endeavoured to maximise the health benefits of freshly juiced fruit, the antioxidants in mint and the lower GI of wildflower honey. People are often afraid of pomegranates, thinking them fiddly, but treat them as a citrus fruit and juice accordingly – it works really well.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Life & Style blogs
- 1 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 2 Turning up the voice of America
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...