Saturday 06 December 2008
This healthy option can be eaten on its own or with a main course like the chicken escalope.
4 cucumbers, quartered lengthways, seeds removed and cut into 1-2cm chunks
2 large red onions, peeled, halved and chopped into rough 1cm dice
40-50 stoned black olives
20 tomatoes, cut into chunks
A couple of handfuls of mint leaves, torn
500-600g good quality feta cheese, broken into chunks
250ml olive oil
The juice of 3 lemons
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix the cucumber, red onions, black olives, tomatoes and mint leaves together; season.
Mix the olive oil and lemon juice together and toss into the salad; serve as it is or with salad leaves.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Scottish independence: Former pro-union voters explain why they changed their minds to the Yes vote
- 3 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 4 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 5 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in the World Cup
iJobs Food & Drink
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...
£30K- £35K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...