Saturday 06 December 2008
This healthy option can be eaten on its own or with a main course like the chicken escalope.
4 cucumbers, quartered lengthways, seeds removed and cut into 1-2cm chunks
2 large red onions, peeled, halved and chopped into rough 1cm dice
40-50 stoned black olives
20 tomatoes, cut into chunks
A couple of handfuls of mint leaves, torn
500-600g good quality feta cheese, broken into chunks
250ml olive oil
The juice of 3 lemons
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix the cucumber, red onions, black olives, tomatoes and mint leaves together; season.
Mix the olive oil and lemon juice together and toss into the salad; serve as it is or with salad leaves.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + £100,000 OTE: h2 Recruit Ltd: Birmingham, Derby, L...
£55000 - £65000 per annum: Investigo: My client, a global leader in their fiel...
£45000 - £52000 per annum + bonus+bens : Investigo: My client, a global leader...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...