Green bean and salmon canapés
A lovely way to serve fresh salmon is in canapés. I find three green beans in each wrap is just right. Malaysian kecap manis is a type of soy sauce, but if you can't find any then use ordinary soy sauce, it will work fine.
200-250g skinned and boned salmon centre fillet
150-200g French beans, trimmed
2tsp kecap manis (or soy sauce)
1tsp Nigella seeds (onion seeds)
Cook the French beans in boiling, salted water for 3-4 minutes, so they still have a bit of a crunch, then drain and refresh under a cold tap.
With a very sharp knife, cut thin slices of salmon vertically down the fish.
Take three French beans and wrap a slice of salmon around the middle twice, then trim the beans about 1cm either side of the salmon.
Arrange the salmon on serving dishes, place a drop of the soy on each and sprinkle with the Nigella seeds.
Life & Style blogs
Best three-ingredient recipes: From Nutella brownies to mac and cheese and pulled pork
Scientists have discovered a new taste that could profoundly change the way we eat
Topshop pulls 'ridiculously skinny' mannequins after being shamed by customer on Facebook
Windows 10: Is it worth downloading new PC operating system?
The lesser known erogenous zones - and how to find them
- 1 Dentist who illegally killed Cecil the lion blames local guides for the scandal
- 2 Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
- 3 Norwich paedophile ring: Woman at centre of gang who made children 'sexual play things' guilty of 23 offences
- 4 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 5 Walter Palmer: American dentist revealed as the killer of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe
iJobs Food & Drink
£17600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum cares for one of the largest...
£12500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Drivers wanted for a family run...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful leisure company is seek...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: The positions above are available either part ...