Green bean and salmon canapés
A lovely way to serve fresh salmon is in canapés. I find three green beans in each wrap is just right. Malaysian kecap manis is a type of soy sauce, but if you can't find any then use ordinary soy sauce, it will work fine.
200-250g skinned and boned salmon centre fillet
150-200g French beans, trimmed
2tsp kecap manis (or soy sauce)
1tsp Nigella seeds (onion seeds)
Cook the French beans in boiling, salted water for 3-4 minutes, so they still have a bit of a crunch, then drain and refresh under a cold tap.
With a very sharp knife, cut thin slices of salmon vertically down the fish.
Take three French beans and wrap a slice of salmon around the middle twice, then trim the beans about 1cm either side of the salmon.
Arrange the salmon on serving dishes, place a drop of the soy on each and sprinkle with the Nigella seeds.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 2 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 3 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...