Green bean and salmon canapés
A lovely way to serve fresh salmon is in canapés. I find three green beans in each wrap is just right. Malaysian kecap manis is a type of soy sauce, but if you can't find any then use ordinary soy sauce, it will work fine.
200-250g skinned and boned salmon centre fillet
150-200g French beans, trimmed
2tsp kecap manis (or soy sauce)
1tsp Nigella seeds (onion seeds)
Cook the French beans in boiling, salted water for 3-4 minutes, so they still have a bit of a crunch, then drain and refresh under a cold tap.
With a very sharp knife, cut thin slices of salmon vertically down the fish.
Take three French beans and wrap a slice of salmon around the middle twice, then trim the beans about 1cm either side of the salmon.
Arrange the salmon on serving dishes, place a drop of the soy on each and sprinkle with the Nigella seeds.
Life & Style blogs
Is it the end of the road for three-point turn in driving test?
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 1 School playground evacuated over 'unusually aggressive' grey squirrel
- 2 Hollywood actor Mickey Rourke beats opponent 33 years his junior in exhibition boxing match
- 3 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 4 Today was a bad day for renters, landlords, and democracy
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
iJobs Food & Drink
£31000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the UK, the major project fo...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: Are you a high achieving...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: A rapidly growing Hotel ...
£15000 - £16800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Tyre Technician / Mechanic is...