Makes about half a litre
Like the 'pesto' just described, this is a great sauce to have to hand for grilled meats, fish or vegetables. If you grow mint, parsley and basil in the garden, then it really is cheap to make. It will become your summer barbecue dish of choice.
60-70g wild garlic leaves, washed and dried
60-70g flat or curly parsley, stalks and all, washed and dried
60-70g mint leaves, washed and dried
60-70g basil, stalks and all, carefully washed and dried if dirty
2tbsp Tewkesbury or grain mustard
80g large capers, rinsed
250ml rapeseed oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put all of the ingredients in a liquidiser or food processor, coarsely blend, then season to taste. Transfer to sterilised jars, seal them and keep refrigerated for 3-6 months.
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
James Foley beheading: Twitter 'actively suspending' accounts sharing graphic imagery
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...