Grey mullet with chive buds
When silver mullet (as I like to call grey mullet) is at its best, its wonderful taste can be on a par with that of sea bass. You can of course use any fish for this dish and even the coloured skin of a red mullet would look great. You can serve this simply with the chive buds; or I've used a bit of the chive soup overleaf just finished off with a little butter.
4 fillets of grey mullet weighing about 180-200g, scaled and boned
A handful of chives (ideally with buds)
1tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Put the mullet in an ovenproof tray, season and add a little water. Cover with foil; cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Heat the olive oil in a pan; cook the chives for 20 seconds or until they wilt. Place the fish on warmed plates, scatter the chives on top; spoon over a little more olive oil or serve with some of the chive soup as suggested.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 2 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 3 What are your fingerprint words?
- 4 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
- 5 Pink Floyd new album: Band unveil cover art for first record in 20 years
iJobs Food & Drink
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...