Grey mullet with chive buds
When silver mullet (as I like to call grey mullet) is at its best, its wonderful taste can be on a par with that of sea bass. You can of course use any fish for this dish and even the coloured skin of a red mullet would look great. You can serve this simply with the chive buds; or I've used a bit of the chive soup overleaf just finished off with a little butter.
4 fillets of grey mullet weighing about 180-200g, scaled and boned
A handful of chives (ideally with buds)
1tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Put the mullet in an ovenproof tray, season and add a little water. Cover with foil; cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Heat the olive oil in a pan; cook the chives for 20 seconds or until they wilt. Place the fish on warmed plates, scatter the chives on top; spoon over a little more olive oil or serve with some of the chive soup as suggested.
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Facebook status updates indicates whether a user is narcissistic or neurotic, research finds
- 1 Games of Thrones actor Lena Headey makes emotional promise to her unborn daughter
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...