Grilled chicken fillets with olives
Serves 4 as a starter or snack
You can buy chicken under-fillets easily from supermarkets and butchers and they make great little snacks skewered on to sticks with an olive or two. You could also serve this as a starter with some griddled scallions or young leeks.
8 chicken under-fillets or 8 long strips from a couple of small chicken breasts
16 large green or black olives, stoned
A little vegetable or corn oil for brushing
16 or so spring large spring onions, trimmed
8 bamboo or metal skewers
Preheat a ribbed griddle pan or heavy frying pan. Weave the chicken and olives on to skewers. Lightly season and brush with oil. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side and keep warm. Grill the spring onions for a minute on each side and arrange on plates with the chicken.
Life & Style blogs
WWE 2K15 gameplay trailer: First look at glorious next-gen graphics
iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
Autumn equinox: Google Doodle celebrates first day of autumn 2014
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
iJobs Food & Drink
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...