Grilled chicken fillets with olives
Serves 4 as a starter or snack
You can buy chicken under-fillets easily from supermarkets and butchers and they make great little snacks skewered on to sticks with an olive or two. You could also serve this as a starter with some griddled scallions or young leeks.
8 chicken under-fillets or 8 long strips from a couple of small chicken breasts
16 large green or black olives, stoned
A little vegetable or corn oil for brushing
16 or so spring large spring onions, trimmed
8 bamboo or metal skewers
Preheat a ribbed griddle pan or heavy frying pan. Weave the chicken and olives on to skewers. Lightly season and brush with oil. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side and keep warm. Grill the spring onions for a minute on each side and arrange on plates with the chicken.
World's most lethal spider found under a bunch of bananas
Rumours that the star wants to move on to pastures new
Comedian says he 'never laughed as hard as I have writing with Rik'
Life & Style blogs
Soylent: Could a slug of nutritionally engineered sludge ever replace the leisurely meal?
Cara Delevingne photographed naked by Mario Testino for Allure magazine
Dear young men: The old stereotypes of what it is to be a 'man' are a load of rubbish
What lies beneath La Perla's 60 years of luxury lingerie?
Japan approves construction of maglev bullet train that will travel 178 miles in 40 minutes
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientists who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Ebola outbreak: What is bushmeat – and is it to blame for the disease that has killed thousands?
- 3 Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' by Antiques Roadshow's Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
- 4 Meet Thea, Norway's 12-year-old child bride
- 5 Russell Brand might seem like a sexy revolutionary worth getting behind, but he will only fail his fans
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 50k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a SCRUM Master to joi...
£13,520: Recruitment Genius: As this role can be customer facing at times, the...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful entertainment, even...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A fantastic opportunity h...