Grilled courgettes with scamorza
Saturday 12 July 2008
Good quality scamorza cheese – or mozzarella or burrata – is the key to this dish; so ensure that you buy the best, especially if you go for mozzarella, as there are a lot of rogues out there on the shelves.
All three cheeses have similar textures, but scarmorza is made with cow's milk and is moulded into a pear shape. It's sometimes sold smoked, but if you can, buy it fresh.
4 large or 6 small courgettes, with or without flowers
Olive oil for brushing
200-250g scarmorza, mozzarella or burrata, at room temperature
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
The juice of half a lemon
4-5tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Cut the courgettes lengthways into rough cm-thick slices. Pre-heat a barbecue or ribbed griddle pan. Season and brush the courgettes with olive oil and cook the courgettes for 2-3 minutes on each side.
To serve, arrange the courgettes on a serving dish and spoon over the dressing, then tear the scamorza into pieces over the courgettes and tear the flowers over if you are using them.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Engineer pictured fixing plane's engine with 'duct tape' by concerned EasyJet passenger
- 2 Two-year-old says goodbye to bin man best friend
- 3 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...