Grilled lamb chump chop with cucumber and mint
Saturday 11 April 2009
Cooking cucumbers is not common, but they take on a new identity in this dish.
4 chump chops weighing about 250g each
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Vegetable or corn oil for brushing
2 large shallots, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
2tbsp extra-virgin rapeseed oil
A handful of mint leaves
Halve the cucumbers lengthways and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon. Cut them on the angle into rough 1–2cm-thick slices. Pre-heat a ribbed griddle or heavy frying pan.
Season the chops, brush with the oil and cook for about 5 minutes or so on each side, keeping them pink.
Meanwhile heat a frying pan with the rapeseed oil, season and sauté the shallots and cucumber for 2-4 minutes on a fairly high heat until tender, then remove from the heat and stir in the mint leaves.
Serve either with the chop on the plate or separately.
educationTo mark International Women's Day, Sarah Brown on how charities have brought proper joined-up thinking to the delivery of education
Life & Style blogs
- 1 NHS boss apologises for tweeting Hitler video mocking Government health database scheme
- 2 Sir Patrick Stewart patches into David Cameron and Barack Obama's Ukraine talks with packet of wet wipes
- 3 Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
- 4 Man stabbed with Legend of Zelda Master Sword in serious condition
- 5 First clip of Outkast's Andre 3000 in Jimi Hendrix biopic All Is By My Side emerges
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: D...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Award-winning tra...