Grilled lamb chump chop with cucumber and mint
Saturday 11 April 2009
Cooking cucumbers is not common, but they take on a new identity in this dish.
4 chump chops weighing about 250g each
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Vegetable or corn oil for brushing
2 large shallots, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
2tbsp extra-virgin rapeseed oil
A handful of mint leaves
Halve the cucumbers lengthways and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon. Cut them on the angle into rough 1–2cm-thick slices. Pre-heat a ribbed griddle or heavy frying pan.
Season the chops, brush with the oil and cook for about 5 minutes or so on each side, keeping them pink.
Meanwhile heat a frying pan with the rapeseed oil, season and sauté the shallots and cucumber for 2-4 minutes on a fairly high heat until tender, then remove from the heat and stir in the mint leaves.
Serve either with the chop on the plate or separately.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
iJobs Food & Drink
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...
£17600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum cares for one of the largest...
£12500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Drivers wanted for a family run...