Grilled lamb's liver, Treviso and pomegranate salad
Saturday 03 January 2009
You may find this an odd combination but the bitterness of the leaves works in perfect harmony with the liver and pomegranates.
I always buy a whole lamb's liver and clean it and slice it myself as the pre-sliced stuff tends to be all shapes and sizes and this way you can keep what's left for another meal. If you can't find spindly Treviso, then a couple of heads of radicchio will do the trick.
1 lamb's liver, cleaned of all sinew and sliced into cm slices
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A little vegetable oil
1 or 2 heads of Treviso, stalk trimmed, washed and dried
1 large pomegranate, halved, seeds scooped out and juice reserved
For the dressing
The juice from the pomegranate
1tbsp good-quality red wine vinegar
3tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Pre-heat a ribbed griddle pan or heavy-based frying pan. Season the liver and lightly oil it. Mix the ingredients for the dressing and toss with the Treviso leaves and arrange on plates. Briefly grill the liver for about 30 seconds on each side, arrange on the salad, and scatter over seeds.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
30,000 to 35,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: We are currently recruiting on...
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...