Grilled langoustine with salmoriglio
Monday 30 June 2008
Ask your fishmonger for live langoustine and allow approximately 4 per person. Keep until ready to cook in a box covered with damp newspaper. Once your barbecue is hot, remove the langoustines from the fridge and place on the grill. Allow to cook for 1 minute on one side before turning and cooking for 30 seconds on the other side.
16 langoustines (allow 4 per person)
1 medium bunch of marjoram or oregano, leaves only
1tsp rock salt
1 red chilli
60ml/2fl oz extra virgin olive oil
Place the marjoram leaves, salt and chilli in a pestle and mortar. Pound until you have an almost coarse paste. Pour in the olive oil slowly, continuing to pound as you do so. Pour in a bowl alongside the langoustines and serve. Remove from the grill and let rest in a warm place for 10 minutes. To serve, slice the green tomatoes into pinwheels. Slice the lamb. Squeeze the lemon juice over the samphire and mix together, layering the samphire, tomatoes and lamb alternatively. Spoon over the chilli oil and serve.
I believe that food cooked over hot wood or coals has a texture and flavour that is almost impossible to reproduce in the kitchen.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
Why do we have eyebrows? The social significance of our silent communicators
WhatsApp: How to discover who your best friends are - using a hidden tool within the application
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 4 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 5 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...