Saturday 14 June 2008
Grilled pineapple is a great way to finish off a barbecue, either served just as it is, with ice cream, or with a scattering of summer fruits such as strawberries or raspberries. I've used maple syrup, but you can also use clear honey if you prefer.
1 medium pineapple, top and bottom removed and cut into 1-2cm-thick slices
Balls of vanilla ice cream to serve
150-200g raspberries, or a mixture of raspberries and strawberries
5-6tbsp maple syrup
Grill the pineapple on the barbecue for about 4-5 minutes on each side, then transfer to a serving dish or individual plates with the ball of ice cream in the centre. Scatter over the berries and finish with the maple syrup.
Life & Style blogs
Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
This is how to react when you receive a terrible birthday present
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
Ashley Madison hacker could be posting on Twitter as 'Thadeus Zu', researcher claims
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked
iJobs Food & Drink
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Brand Manager / Marketing Campaign Manager is req...