Saturday 14 June 2008
Grilled pineapple is a great way to finish off a barbecue, either served just as it is, with ice cream, or with a scattering of summer fruits such as strawberries or raspberries. I've used maple syrup, but you can also use clear honey if you prefer.
1 medium pineapple, top and bottom removed and cut into 1-2cm-thick slices
Balls of vanilla ice cream to serve
150-200g raspberries, or a mixture of raspberries and strawberries
5-6tbsp maple syrup
Grill the pineapple on the barbecue for about 4-5 minutes on each side, then transfer to a serving dish or individual plates with the ball of ice cream in the centre. Scatter over the berries and finish with the maple syrup.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Why are UK rail fares so expensive?
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...