Grilled red onions with mirin and soy
Saturday 14 June 2008
Something as simple as an onion can be transformed when cooked over open flames.
4 large red onions, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices
2tbsp mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
4tbsp sweet soy
1tbsp ponzu (Japanese, citrus-based sauce)
Cook the onion slices for about 7-8 minutes on each side on the medium heat of the barbecue. Meanwhile mix the mirin, sweet soy and ponzu together. Arrange the onions on a serving dish and spoon over the sauce. Garnish with fresh herbs.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
iJobs Food & Drink
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...