Grilled red onions with mirin and soy
Saturday 14 June 2008
Something as simple as an onion can be transformed when cooked over open flames.
4 large red onions, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices
2tbsp mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
4tbsp sweet soy
1tbsp ponzu (Japanese, citrus-based sauce)
Cook the onion slices for about 7-8 minutes on each side on the medium heat of the barbecue. Meanwhile mix the mirin, sweet soy and ponzu together. Arrange the onions on a serving dish and spoon over the sauce. Garnish with fresh herbs.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
The Last of Us: Ashley Johnson says she would play Ellie in a sequel
UK police to start seizing drivers' mobile phones after all crashes
Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and me: How Olivier Rousteing is revitalising the house of Balmain
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...