Grilled salmon with crushed pea mayonnaise
Saturday 30 May 2009
Now the peas have started to come into season I thought we had better make the most of them. This recipe is a bit like the fresh mushy peas that we do in the restaurant, but with the addition of mayonnaise. You could make your own mayonnaise for this if you want; or you could use a good quality jar. My favourite is Delouis Fils (£1.99, Waitrose).
4 portions of salmon weighing about 160-180g each, skinned and boned
Vegetable or corn oil for brushing
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
70-80g shelled weight of fresh peas
10 or so mint leaves
4-5tbsp good quality mayonnaise
1 lemon, quartered, to serve
Cook the peas in boiling salted water, with the sugar, for about 10 minutes until tender; add the mint leaves, remove from the heat and drain. Coarsely chop in a food processor then remove and leave to cool.
Preheat a ribbed griddle pan or a barbecue, season the salmon and brush the pan with oil. Cook the salmon for about 3 minutes on each side, keeping it nice and pink. Meanwhile, mix the peas with the mayonnaise and season. Serve with the mayonnaise and lemon on the plate.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Engineer pictured fixing plane's engine with 'duct tape' by concerned EasyJet passenger
- 2 Two-year-old says goodbye to bin man best friend
- 3 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...