Guinea fowl egg and asparagus salad
Saturday 23 April 2011
Guinea fowl eggs are about the size of a bantam egg, which is two-thirds the size of a hen's egg. Pheasant eggs are a similar size, but a bit of a pain to peel.
4 guinea fowl eggs
250g asparagus with the woody ends removed
A couple of handfuls of small tasty salad leaves and herbs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
¾tbsp sherry vinegar
3tbsp walnut oil
Bring a pan of water to the boil, carefully lower in the guinea fowl eggs and soft boil for 3 minutes, then run under the cold tap for a few minutes until they are cool enough to handle. Carefully shell them and put to one side. Cook the asparagus in boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes, or until tender, then drain.
To serve, whisk the sherry vinegar and walnut oil together and season to taste. Cut the asparagus into 3 on the angle and arrange on serving plates with the leaves. Place the guinea fowl egg in the centre and spoon over the dressing.
Life & Style blogs
10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
Video claims California will be hit by huge earthquake because of the alignment of the planets — but it’s probably wrong
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 Fifa corruption arrests: Nike reported to be 'multinational sportswear company' at centre of bribery claims over Brazil shirt deal
- 3 Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
- 4 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: it's just gravity — not a Mexican demon being summoned
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...