Halibut en papillote with ginger
Fish 'en papillote' means food baked in the oven in a paper parcel. You don't see it served often in restaurants these days, but it's a lovely way to cook healthy fish recipes. I've used greaseproof paper here but in the past have also experimented with roasting bags which work a treat.
4 halibut steaks, weighing 250-300g
50g root ginger, peeled and finely shredded
2 medium green chillies, trimmed, seeded and thinly sliced (optional)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A couple of tablespoons of olive oil
4 circles of greaseproof or white baking parchment, about 25cm in diameter
1tbsp flour mixed with water to form a thin paste
A few sprigs of coriander, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Season the fish, lay each piece in the centre of the circles of greaseproof paper and scatter the ginger and chillies on top and spoon a little olive oil over.
Brush or smear some of the flour paste around the edge of the paper and crimp the edges by folding and rolling the paper over at the edges by about a centimetre or so to form a seal all the way around. If it's not sticking, secure with 3 paper clips around the edge.
Bake for about 15 minutes then place the en papillote on plates, cut open with scissors; scatter on the coriander and chillies, if desired.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...
25,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: CRM Executive – Global Travel Brand – Luto...
£50000 - £55000 per annum: Investigo: A growing group of top end restaurants l...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...