Halloumi & herb triangles
Sunday 15 December 2002
100g/4oz halloumi, grated 100g/4oz ricotta, crumbled
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon each flat-leaf parsley, fresh mint and chives, all finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried mint
Freshly milled black pepper
4 standard sheets filo pastry (approx 15cm/6in by 20cm/8in)
Fresh mint, to garnish
Preheat oven to 180C/375F/ Gas 5. Then make the filling by blending the cheeses, egg, herbs and pepper with a fork.
Butter a baking sheet. Lay the sheets of filo pastry in a pile. Cover with damp cloth. Take a sheet and brush with melted butter. Cut into four squares. Take the first, place a teaspoon of filling in one corner and fold in half twice, so you are left with a triangle. Pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining filo. Brush tops with butter and bake at 200C/400F/Gas 6 for 10 to 12 minutes until crisp and brown. Garnish with sprigs of mint.
Life & Style blogs
Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
Free porn websites could be shut down within months, says David Cameron
National Orgasm Day: Six reasons (plus one bogus one) why they're good for us
The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Supermodel Gisele Bundchen mocked for wearing a burka to avoid being seen visiting plastic surgeon in Paris
- 5 Bulletproof armadillo puts Texas man in hospital after shot bounces off hard shell
iJobs Food & Drink
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...