Halloumi & herb triangles
Sunday 15 December 2002
100g/4oz halloumi, grated 100g/4oz ricotta, crumbled
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon each flat-leaf parsley, fresh mint and chives, all finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried mint
Freshly milled black pepper
4 standard sheets filo pastry (approx 15cm/6in by 20cm/8in)
Fresh mint, to garnish
Preheat oven to 180C/375F/ Gas 5. Then make the filling by blending the cheeses, egg, herbs and pepper with a fork.
Butter a baking sheet. Lay the sheets of filo pastry in a pile. Cover with damp cloth. Take a sheet and brush with melted butter. Cut into four squares. Take the first, place a teaspoon of filling in one corner and fold in half twice, so you are left with a triangle. Pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining filo. Brush tops with butter and bake at 200C/400F/Gas 6 for 10 to 12 minutes until crisp and brown. Garnish with sprigs of mint.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
- 5 Westboro Baptist Church couldn't picket Leonard Nimoy's funeral because they didn't know where it was
iJobs Food & Drink
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ou...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...