Halloumi & herb triangles
Sunday 15 December 2002
100g/4oz halloumi, grated 100g/4oz ricotta, crumbled
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon each flat-leaf parsley, fresh mint and chives, all finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried mint
Freshly milled black pepper
4 standard sheets filo pastry (approx 15cm/6in by 20cm/8in)
Fresh mint, to garnish
Preheat oven to 180C/375F/ Gas 5. Then make the filling by blending the cheeses, egg, herbs and pepper with a fork.
Butter a baking sheet. Lay the sheets of filo pastry in a pile. Cover with damp cloth. Take a sheet and brush with melted butter. Cut into four squares. Take the first, place a teaspoon of filling in one corner and fold in half twice, so you are left with a triangle. Pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining filo. Brush tops with butter and bake at 200C/400F/Gas 6 for 10 to 12 minutes until crisp and brown. Garnish with sprigs of mint.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public can visit police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Vagina canoe artist facing two years in jail defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
- 5 The Queen’s speech 2014: Recap and Twitter reaction to Game of Thrones reference
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...