Ham hock with root vegetable remoulade
Saturday 16 April 2011
This is a nice simple spring or summer picnic or lunch dish or you could even load the two items into a delicious sandwich. You can vary the vegetables you use in this depending on what's in season but carrot, celeriac and even kohlrabi or turnip taste great when they are used raw in a salad like this.
4-6 slices of cooked ham hock
For the remoulade
A 100g piece of celeriac, peeled
1small carrot, peeled
1 small kohlrabi or turnip, peeled
2tbsp good quality mayonnaise
2tsp Dijon mustard
1tbsp chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Using a mandolin, shred the vegetables into fine matchsticks then mix in a bowl with the mayonnaise, mustard and parsley and season. Serve with the slices of ham hock or separately.
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Not brushing your teeth can lead to dementia and heart disease
Yves Saint Laurent ad banned for featuring 'unhealthily underweight' model
Insomnia could be cured with one simple therapy session, new study claims
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 California man brutally beat 82-year-old Sikh grandfather he mistook for 'one of those people'
- 2 Charles Kennedy 'had better judgement drunk than many sober politicians' says Ian Hislop
- 3 Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say
- 4 Fifa corruption: Qatar says investigations are racist, anti-Arab and show 'ugly face' of countries who lost 2022 World Cup bid
- 5 We have six months to save the world, says leading economist
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...