Ham hock with root vegetable remoulade
Saturday 16 April 2011
This is a nice simple spring or summer picnic or lunch dish or you could even load the two items into a delicious sandwich. You can vary the vegetables you use in this depending on what's in season but carrot, celeriac and even kohlrabi or turnip taste great when they are used raw in a salad like this.
4-6 slices of cooked ham hock
For the remoulade
A 100g piece of celeriac, peeled
1small carrot, peeled
1 small kohlrabi or turnip, peeled
2tbsp good quality mayonnaise
2tsp Dijon mustard
1tbsp chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Using a mandolin, shred the vegetables into fine matchsticks then mix in a bowl with the mayonnaise, mustard and parsley and season. Serve with the slices of ham hock or separately.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...