'Hix Fix' shots
Makes about 10
Saturday 05 December 2009
This is a jellified version of our house cocktail which is inspired by the delicious brandy of Julian Temperley (ciderbrandy.co.uk), who recently won the Special Judges Award at the BBC Radio 4 Food and Farming Awards. Cheers, Julian!
20 Julian Temperley morello cherries in eau de vie (including about 10-15tsp of the eau de vie they are soaked in)
3 sheets of leaf gelatine
100ml very lightly whipped cream
Bring about 100ml of the champagne to the boil, then remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, soak the gelatine leaves in a shallow bowl of cold water for a minute or so until soft.
Squeeze out the water, add to the hot champagne and stir until dissolved; then stir into the rest of the cold champagne.
Add the liquid from the cherries, then pour into shot glasses with one cherry in each.
Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours or so until the jelly is set.
To serve, spoon a little of the whipped cream on top of each jelly and place another jelly on top.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
Why do we have eyebrows? The social significance of our silent communicators
WhatsApp: How to discover who your best friends are - using a hidden tool within the application
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 4 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 5 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...