'Hix Fix' shots
Makes about 10
Saturday 05 December 2009
This is a jellified version of our house cocktail which is inspired by the delicious brandy of Julian Temperley (ciderbrandy.co.uk), who recently won the Special Judges Award at the BBC Radio 4 Food and Farming Awards. Cheers, Julian!
20 Julian Temperley morello cherries in eau de vie (including about 10-15tsp of the eau de vie they are soaked in)
3 sheets of leaf gelatine
100ml very lightly whipped cream
Bring about 100ml of the champagne to the boil, then remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, soak the gelatine leaves in a shallow bowl of cold water for a minute or so until soft.
Squeeze out the water, add to the hot champagne and stir until dissolved; then stir into the rest of the cold champagne.
Add the liquid from the cherries, then pour into shot glasses with one cherry in each.
Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours or so until the jelly is set.
To serve, spoon a little of the whipped cream on top of each jelly and place another jelly on top.
Life & Style blogs
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
Night Nurse could put drivers over new drug limit
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
From plus-size models to athletic silhouettes, meet the models changing the fashion industry right now
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...