'Hix Fix' shots
Makes about 10
Saturday 05 December 2009
This is a jellified version of our house cocktail which is inspired by the delicious brandy of Julian Temperley (ciderbrandy.co.uk), who recently won the Special Judges Award at the BBC Radio 4 Food and Farming Awards. Cheers, Julian!
20 Julian Temperley morello cherries in eau de vie (including about 10-15tsp of the eau de vie they are soaked in)
3 sheets of leaf gelatine
100ml very lightly whipped cream
Bring about 100ml of the champagne to the boil, then remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, soak the gelatine leaves in a shallow bowl of cold water for a minute or so until soft.
Squeeze out the water, add to the hot champagne and stir until dissolved; then stir into the rest of the cold champagne.
Add the liquid from the cherries, then pour into shot glasses with one cherry in each.
Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours or so until the jelly is set.
To serve, spoon a little of the whipped cream on top of each jelly and place another jelly on top.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Lucy Hawking: Stephen Hawking's daughter writes impassioned open letter to Katie Hopkins about rights of disabled people
- 2 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 3 Russell Brand backs Ed Miliband: 'You gotta vote Labour'
- 4 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£28 - 45k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Accountant is needed to take control of the ...