Honey roast bacon with quince
A joint of bacon makes a great cold cut as a starter, especially with a fruit like quince.
A 1kg piece of back bacon, rind removed
2-3tbsp clear honey
2 quinces cooked as in the recipe above
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Score the fat of the bacon; insert the cloves.
Line a roasting dish with foil, place the bacon on the foil; spoon the honey over.
Roast in the oven for about an hour, basting every so often and adding a little water if the honey is burning. Remove from the oven; cool.
Halve the quinces, cut into slices and shred the slices into strips.
Slice the bacon on serving plates; arrange the quince on top.
Life & Style blogs
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
Doctors are allowed to have personal beliefs, just as long as these beliefs do not interfere with th...
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.