Honey roast bacon with quince
A joint of bacon makes a great cold cut as a starter, especially with a fruit like quince.
A 1kg piece of back bacon, rind removed
2-3tbsp clear honey
2 quinces cooked as in the recipe above
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Score the fat of the bacon; insert the cloves.
Line a roasting dish with foil, place the bacon on the foil; spoon the honey over.
Roast in the oven for about an hour, basting every so often and adding a little water if the honey is burning. Remove from the oven; cool.
Halve the quinces, cut into slices and shred the slices into strips.
Slice the bacon on serving plates; arrange the quince on top.
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
More than two thirds of smokers are killed by diseases caused by tobacco use, says study
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...