Honey roast bacon with quince
A joint of bacon makes a great cold cut as a starter, especially with a fruit like quince.
A 1kg piece of back bacon, rind removed
2-3tbsp clear honey
2 quinces cooked as in the recipe above
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Score the fat of the bacon; insert the cloves.
Line a roasting dish with foil, place the bacon on the foil; spoon the honey over.
Roast in the oven for about an hour, basting every so often and adding a little water if the honey is burning. Remove from the oven; cool.
Halve the quinces, cut into slices and shred the slices into strips.
Slice the bacon on serving plates; arrange the quince on top.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...