How to cook quails
Sunday 17 October 2010
Two quails per person
A sprig or two of thyme
2 tbsp softened unsalted butter
Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas7.
Lightly season the quails with salt, both inside and out. You can do this up to 24 hours in advance – it will add succulence to the bird.
Place the thyme and half of the butter inside the cavity. Rub the rest of the butter over the skin.
Place the quails breast side up on a heavy based roasting tin, a few inches apart so that they brown evenly.
Place on the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 12 minutes, turning half-way.
The flesh should feel firm with just the slightest yield, and should be beige with just a tinge of pink. Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Chief Ebola doctor in Sierra Leone has contracted the deadly disease himself
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...