How to cook quails
Sunday 17 October 2010
Two quails per person
A sprig or two of thyme
2 tbsp softened unsalted butter
Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas7.
Lightly season the quails with salt, both inside and out. You can do this up to 24 hours in advance – it will add succulence to the bird.
Place the thyme and half of the butter inside the cavity. Rub the rest of the butter over the skin.
Place the quails breast side up on a heavy based roasting tin, a few inches apart so that they brown evenly.
Place on the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 12 minutes, turning half-way.
The flesh should feel firm with just the slightest yield, and should be beige with just a tinge of pink. Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...