How to cook quails
Sunday 17 October 2010
Two quails per person
A sprig or two of thyme
2 tbsp softened unsalted butter
Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas7.
Lightly season the quails with salt, both inside and out. You can do this up to 24 hours in advance – it will add succulence to the bird.
Place the thyme and half of the butter inside the cavity. Rub the rest of the butter over the skin.
Place the quails breast side up on a heavy based roasting tin, a few inches apart so that they brown evenly.
Place on the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 12 minutes, turning half-way.
The flesh should feel firm with just the slightest yield, and should be beige with just a tinge of pink. Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Bulletproof armadillo puts Texas man in hospital after shot bounces off hard shell
- 5 Doctors declare war on Jeremy Hunt over weekend working 'myths' amid plan for seven day NHS
iJobs Food & Drink
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...