Iberican ham on toasted bruschetta
Sunday 08 February 2009
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 jar of good-quality tomatoes
Salt and pepper
2 fresh bay leaves
1 small bunch of thyme
4 thick slices of peasant-style bread
1 clove of garlic, peeled
8 slices of Iberican ham
Place a pan over a medium heat. Add two tablespoons of oil and the tomatoes. Season, add the bay and thyme. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
Grill the bread on both sides until golden. Rub each piece with the garlic clove. Spoon over a little of the tomatoes and spread as if it was jam. Drizzle the remaining oil over and lay the ham on top. Serve at once.
Life & Style blogs
Gill Pharaoh: Healthy nurse who killed herself in a Swiss clinic accused of doing it for 'publicity'
Five ways to boost your Vitamin D levels
Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Apple bug Thunderstrike 2 leaves Macs vulnerable to worm, could give hackers control of computers and go entirely undetected
- 1 Malaysia issues arrest warrant for Gordon Brown’s sister-in-law after she publishes stories on leader Najib Razak's financial affairs
- 2 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 3 Natalia Molchanova: World's most successful free-diver missing and feared dead after disappearing in Mediterranean
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
iJobs Food & Drink
Circa £26,500 DOE: Guru Careers: An International Project Coordinator / Accoun...
£25k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Plumber / Mainten...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...