Iberican ham on toasted bruschetta
Sunday 08 February 2009
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 jar of good-quality tomatoes
Salt and pepper
2 fresh bay leaves
1 small bunch of thyme
4 thick slices of peasant-style bread
1 clove of garlic, peeled
8 slices of Iberican ham
Place a pan over a medium heat. Add two tablespoons of oil and the tomatoes. Season, add the bay and thyme. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
Grill the bread on both sides until golden. Rub each piece with the garlic clove. Spoon over a little of the tomatoes and spread as if it was jam. Drizzle the remaining oil over and lay the ham on top. Serve at once.
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Windows 10: Microsoft bypasses 'Windows 9' to unveil latest operating system
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...