Iberican ham on toasted bruschetta
Sunday 08 February 2009
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 jar of good-quality tomatoes
Salt and pepper
2 fresh bay leaves
1 small bunch of thyme
4 thick slices of peasant-style bread
1 clove of garlic, peeled
8 slices of Iberican ham
Place a pan over a medium heat. Add two tablespoons of oil and the tomatoes. Season, add the bay and thyme. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
Grill the bread on both sides until golden. Rub each piece with the garlic clove. Spoon over a little of the tomatoes and spread as if it was jam. Drizzle the remaining oil over and lay the ham on top. Serve at once.
Life & Style blogs
Versace haute couture review: Beautiful evening dresses are some of the loveliest Donatella has ever created
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 1 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 2 What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
- 3 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 4 Black teen in critical condition after store employee 'shoots him for stealing 79-cent pack of cookies'
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...