Ink pasta with samphire and squid
Samphire adds a nice summery crunch to a pasta dish like this. You can serve this hot or at room temperature and the black, green and white colours look great together. Ink pasta normally comes in fine cuts like fettuccine or linguine.
4 servings of ink pasta
100ml olive oil
200g cleaned weight of squid with the tentacles
1tsp chilli flakes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
100-120g samphire, cleaned and rinsed
The juice of a lemon
Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's instructions, then drain. While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a pan, season the squid and gently cook on a low heat with the chilli and samphire for a couple of minutes, stirring as it's cooking; remove from the heat, toss with the pasta, re-season if necessary and squeeze in the lemon juice to taste.
Life & Style blogs
Wii U to beat Xbox One and PS4 at Christmas says Play.com,
Britain's poor 'will die before they retire' if pension reforms aren't matched by health improvements
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Ron Wayne: The Apple founder who missed out on a fortune
eBay XBox One scam: Dad pays £450 for a picture of the console
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...