Ink pasta with samphire and squid
Samphire adds a nice summery crunch to a pasta dish like this. You can serve this hot or at room temperature and the black, green and white colours look great together. Ink pasta normally comes in fine cuts like fettuccine or linguine.
4 servings of ink pasta
100ml olive oil
200g cleaned weight of squid with the tentacles
1tsp chilli flakes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
100-120g samphire, cleaned and rinsed
The juice of a lemon
Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's instructions, then drain. While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a pan, season the squid and gently cook on a low heat with the chilli and samphire for a couple of minutes, stirring as it's cooking; remove from the heat, toss with the pasta, re-season if necessary and squeeze in the lemon juice to taste.
Life & Style blogs
'I am a paedophile': Is our approach to sex offenders helping to create more victims?
Scientists discover 'stroke protection gene' – that also guards against heart attack and migraine
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Revealed: Lidl’s £4 perfume smells identical to Chanel’s £70 scent - but the difference is in the bottle
Regin: US and UK intelligence services could be responsible for snooping spyware
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...
25,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: CRM Executive – Global Travel Brand – Luto...
£50000 - £55000 per annum: Investigo: A growing group of top end restaurants l...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Excellent opportunities are available for par...