Ink pasta with samphire and squid
Samphire adds a nice summery crunch to a pasta dish like this. You can serve this hot or at room temperature and the black, green and white colours look great together. Ink pasta normally comes in fine cuts like fettuccine or linguine.
4 servings of ink pasta
100ml olive oil
200g cleaned weight of squid with the tentacles
1tsp chilli flakes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
100-120g samphire, cleaned and rinsed
The juice of a lemon
Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's instructions, then drain. While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a pan, season the squid and gently cook on a low heat with the chilli and samphire for a couple of minutes, stirring as it's cooking; remove from the heat, toss with the pasta, re-season if necessary and squeeze in the lemon juice to taste.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 How We Met: Alison Moyet & Emma Kennedy: 'I knew we'd be friends because she was happy to make a prat of herself'
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...