Jersey Royals with crème fraîche, tarragon, chives and dill
Sunday 13 June 2010
Whether you are serving beef, fish or eating barbecued meats or a mezze of cold dishes outdoors, a little pot of Jersey Royals placed on the table will be just the accompaniment at this time of year. In other words, this simple recipe is the perfect summery side dish.
1kg/2lb Jersey Royals
30g/1oz unsalted butter
A good pinch of sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
250ml/8fl oz crème fraîche
1 bunch of tarragon, leaves only
1 bunch of chives, very finely chopped
1 bunch of dill, finely chopped
Prepare the potatoes as in the introduction.
Then, place the crème fraîche into a bowl and stir in the chopped herbs, add a pinch of salt and stir well to combine.
Taste and add a little more salt if necessary.
Spoon the potatoes into a bowl and dollop the crème fraîche on top. This dish is just as good served warm or at room temperature.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in Camden
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
- 4 Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iJobs Food & Drink
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...