Jersey Royals with crème fraîche, tarragon, chives and dill
Sunday 13 June 2010
Whether you are serving beef, fish or eating barbecued meats or a mezze of cold dishes outdoors, a little pot of Jersey Royals placed on the table will be just the accompaniment at this time of year. In other words, this simple recipe is the perfect summery side dish.
1kg/2lb Jersey Royals
30g/1oz unsalted butter
A good pinch of sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
250ml/8fl oz crème fraîche
1 bunch of tarragon, leaves only
1 bunch of chives, very finely chopped
1 bunch of dill, finely chopped
Prepare the potatoes as in the introduction.
Then, place the crème fraîche into a bowl and stir in the chopped herbs, add a pinch of salt and stir well to combine.
Taste and add a little more salt if necessary.
Spoon the potatoes into a bowl and dollop the crème fraîche on top. This dish is just as good served warm or at room temperature.
Life & Style blogs
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Night Nurse could put drivers over new drug limit
Stephen Hawking: NHS is Britain's finest public service and must be preserved from commercial interests
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...