Korean braised ribs recipe
Tuesday 30 April 2013
Korean cooking consists of a large number of braised dishes that require considerable culinary skill. Galbijjim is one such dish. In recent years it has grown in popularity among international diners who appreciate the fine taste and, indeed, the health advantages of the dish (the fat on the short ribs is removed before braising)
beef rib – 800g
5 cups of water
2 cups of meat stock
200g white radish
5 dried pyogo mushroom(shitake)
3 jujubes ( red dates)
Sauce for marinating
4 tablespoon of soy sauce
4 tablespoon of pear juice
2 tablespoon of sugar
2 tablespoon of minced spring onion
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1 tablespoon of sesame salt
dash of pepper
1) Slice the beef rib into 5cm and place them in the cold water to remove the blood. Pour 5 cups of water into the pot and when it starts to boil, put the beef rib into it and boil it for 30 mintes. Remove the tough tendon parts and lumps of fat. Then, make cuts on the meat every 2cm. Cool down the meat broth and remove the oil on the surface.
2) Place the boiled meat into the pot and pour 2/3 of the marinating sauce and mix it well. Then, pour 2 cups of meat broth and slowly boil on a medium fire.
3) Slice white radish and carrot into 3cm, trim the edge, and boil them in the water. Soak the pygo mushroom in the water and remove the head. Peel the skin off the chestnuts and remove the seeds from the jujube.
4) When beef rib is cooked, put boiled white radish, carrot, pyogo mushroom, chestnut, and jujube together into the pot with the meat. Then, pour rest of the marinated sauce and meat broth and steam it on a low flame.
5) Divide the egg white and the yoke, and add a little bit of salt and mix it. Then, fry each egg white and yoke thinly. Slice them into circle or square shapes.
6) After marinated sauce is fully absorbed in the meat and the vegetables, serve them on a plate with egg white and yoke on the top.
Recipe courtesy of the Korean Food Foundation
Life & Style blogs
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No new blood and no fresh ideas at Milan Fashion Week: How do you solve a problem like Milano?
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Frank Lampard equalises for Manchester City against Chelsea: how Twitter reacted
- 3 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...