Lamb cutlets with broad bean and mint salad
Saturday 14 June 2008
Tender lamb cutlets are a perfect barbecue main course or snack. I like to leave a fair amount of fat on mine as it melts nicely over the hot coals and crisps up. As a celebration of the opening of my new restaurant, the jeweller Stephen Webster has designed a limited-edition chop pendent, available exclusively from Hix Oyster and Chop House, at £25.
8 large, or 12 medium-sized, lamb cutlets
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Vegetable or corn oil for brushing
For the broad-bean salad
1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
2tbsp olive oil
1tsp cumin seeds
300g podded weight of broad beans
A handful of mint leaves
Gently cook the onion and cumin seeds in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes then put in a bowl. Cook the broad beans in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes and refresh under cold water. Take the tough outer skin off any large beans, and place in the bowl with the onions. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces, then chop the mint leaves roughly and mix with the broad beans; season to taste, adding a little more oil if necessary. Season the lamb cutlets and grill on the barbecue for 3-4 minutes on each side until pink. Serve with the broad bean salad.
Life & Style blogs
China accused of launching four-day cyber attack on US coding website GitHub
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Gay marriage, one year on: Couples mark first anniversary of same-sex marriages
The ‘anti-ball crushing’ trousers are so popular they've sold out online
Robert Parker interview: The world's top wine critic on tasting 10,000 bottles a year, absurd drinking notes and New World wannabes
- 1 Germanwings plane crash: Video shows co-pilot Andreas Lubitz learning to fly as a teenager
- 2 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 3 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 4 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
- 5 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...