Lamb's liver with herb freekeh
Freekeh is green toasted wheat often used in Lebanese cooking. If you can't find freekeh then you could replace with couscous.
50g freekeh, soaked in cold water for a couple of hours
3-4tbsp chopped parsley
2-3 spring onions
2tbsp chopped mint
2-3tbsp olive oil
The juice of 1 lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Vegetable or corn oil for brushing
8 slices of lamb's liver weighing about 50-60g each
Cook the freekeh in simmering, salted water for about 15 minutes, or until tender, then drain. Once cool, mix with the herbs, olive oil and lemon; season to taste.
Heat a ribbed griddle pan or heavy frying pan until almost smoking, season the liver slices and brush with the oil. Cook for literally 15-20 seconds on each side, then remove from the pan. Spoon the freekeh on to serving plates and place the liver on top.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Paris Fashion Week: Skirting the issue for the stylish boys' brigade
'Stiff upper lip stoicism' keeps people with cancer symptoms away from GP
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
'Cigarettes, whisky, and wild, wild women'
- 1 Benedict Cumberbatch says Hollywood is better for black British actors: 'I think as far as coloured actors go it gets really difficult in the UK'
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Warriors in ancient Iraq suffered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 3,000 years ago, say researchers
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Technician - Y...