Lamb's liver with herb freekeh
Freekeh is green toasted wheat often used in Lebanese cooking. If you can't find freekeh then you could replace with couscous.
50g freekeh, soaked in cold water for a couple of hours
3-4tbsp chopped parsley
2-3 spring onions
2tbsp chopped mint
2-3tbsp olive oil
The juice of 1 lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Vegetable or corn oil for brushing
8 slices of lamb's liver weighing about 50-60g each
Cook the freekeh in simmering, salted water for about 15 minutes, or until tender, then drain. Once cool, mix with the herbs, olive oil and lemon; season to taste.
Heat a ribbed griddle pan or heavy frying pan until almost smoking, season the liver slices and brush with the oil. Cook for literally 15-20 seconds on each side, then remove from the pan. Spoon the freekeh on to serving plates and place the liver on top.
Life & Style blogs
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...