Sunday 22 February 2009
200g/7oz caster sugar
200ml/7fl oz dried sherry, such as fino
The juice and zest of one lemon
600ml/1 pint double cream
Combine the sugar, sherry, lemon zest and juice in a bowl. In a different bowl, lightly whip the cream just enough to thicken it slightly.
Now gently fold the sherry mixture into the cream until just combined – the lemon juice will continue to thicken the cream.
Spoon the syllabub into small glasses and refrigerate for an hour or so to just chill before serving.
Life & Style blogs
This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
Tinder Plus: premium service launches, charging much more for those over 28
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
Google Plus might be dead, as ‘Streams’ and ‘Photos’ take its place
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
iJobs Food & Drink
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Qualified Lifeguards are required to join a fa...
£19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Based in South Kensington, this prestigi...
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£25000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Partner is required to ...