Lobster baked potato
Saturday 28 November 2009
A baked potato with lobster is a real luxury – you could serve these with large potatoes or make them go even further as a little cocktail snack using small potatoes.
2 large baking potatoes
1 cooked lobster weighing about 500g
2tbsp chopped chives
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4tbsp of good-quality mayonnaise
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Place the potatoes on a tray and bake for about an hour or so until soft. Leave to cool a little then halve them, scoop the potato into a bowl and mash with the butter and half of the chives and season to taste.
Remove the lobster from the shell and reserve the shells for a soup. Scoop any of the brown meat from the head and mix with the potato. Re-fill the skins and return to the oven to reheat for about 10 minutes or so. Meanwhile cut the lobster tail into slices and the claws in half if they are large. To serve, lay the lobster on the potato halves and spoon a little of the mayonnaise over.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
David Beckham fronts the campaign for his underwear autumn/winter collection, which hit stores today
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
NHS patients to be seen by 'doctors on the cheap'
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...