Lobster baked potato
Saturday 28 November 2009
A baked potato with lobster is a real luxury – you could serve these with large potatoes or make them go even further as a little cocktail snack using small potatoes.
2 large baking potatoes
1 cooked lobster weighing about 500g
2tbsp chopped chives
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4tbsp of good-quality mayonnaise
Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 5. Place the potatoes on a tray and bake for about an hour or so until soft. Leave to cool a little then halve them, scoop the potato into a bowl and mash with the butter and half of the chives and season to taste.
Remove the lobster from the shell and reserve the shells for a soup. Scoop any of the brown meat from the head and mix with the potato. Re-fill the skins and return to the oven to reheat for about 10 minutes or so. Meanwhile cut the lobster tail into slices and the claws in half if they are large. To serve, lay the lobster on the potato halves and spoon a little of the mayonnaise over.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Germanwings crash: Police make 'significant discovery' at home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 2 Germanwings captain Patrick Sondenheimer tried to break into locked cockpit door 'with an axe' as plane was descending
- 3 Zayn Malik already working on solo material, just days after quitting One Direction
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...